We are closing another chapter that has gone far too quickly... the twinnies have finished their first year of preschool. We have been incredibly happy with their wonderful teacher and the kids at the school. They had an adorable graduation program/picnic, and Miss Liz gave an award to every single individual student. She really went out of her way to acknowledge why each of them are special and what she loves about them. You know you have a great teacher when they love so many of the same things about your children that you do, and they see them so clearly for who they are and how they are growing and changing.
Sammy got the "Daddy" award. It's no secret he is absolutely in love with his daddy. I don't think I've ever seen another child so enamored with their father. He asks us on a very regular basis "Can I be a dad when I grow up?" "How do I get to be a daddy when I grow up?" "Why can't I grow a baby?" He loves baby dolls, and his current favorite is a stuffed blue giraffe which he calls "Baby Ice Cream". We don't go anywhere without Baby Ice Cream. He is so tender and caring - always wrapping up his babies for naps and bedtime, rocking them, singing to them. If you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, it is almost always a dad. So, Miss Liz shared this with everyone at the picnic, and gave him a necktie as his gift. It was so tender. One of the other moms (and of course Matt and I) actually got teary eyed because she thought it was so sweet. Miss Liz told her favorite story about Sam from the year. When he first started the school year, he couldn't reach the sink to wash his hands. He is the smallest kid in his class - and has always been shorter than August. One time she was lifting him up to help him reach, and he said to her in his sweet, high little cherubic voice, "I'm just a tiny little boy." She loved it and it was endearing to her - she always retells that moment with fondness.
August got the "Teacher" award. Every morning the kids take their name that's written on a little wooden stick with a doll shape on top, and put it in a spot to show that they are there. August actually created a new "helper" position in the class, where someone does the name bucket and puts all the kids in the proper place if they are in attendance that day at school. They go through all the names every day so all the kids read all the other kids' names. So, Miss Liz gave August the a.m. preschool name helper cup with blank sticks in it that she can decorate and write names on. She talked about August how she is very social, and cute, and loves kitties. August loves to help Liz be the teacher!
What I loved so much about this little graduation was watching Claire as she watched her little twinnies... she always has love in her eyes, and is protective of them, supportive, and so proud. I always think I can't be more grateful for this little family... then my love and gratitude keep growing.
Here are some photos from their portfolios showing their adventures,
their work and the progress they have made. August really loves to do
art, and is obsessed with cats. Sammy adores the color blue, and loves
all musical instruments and singing. August remains very fearless and
very physical.. my bet is that she will be a little gymnast or
something, and Sammy will be a soulful musician.












No comments:
Post a Comment