Monday, November 11, 2013

Twins at 5 Months


Every day's a great day when you're a twin!
Happy 5 Month Birthday to my sweet twins! They have made great strides in the last month in developing their personalities and their physical skills.
What-chu lookin at?
Miss August proudly rolls from her back to her belly with ease -- and then screams when she gets stuck on her belly and can't roll back over. Matt calls it the "reverse turtle" maneuver. Sometimes she rolls right on top of Sam - it's pretty funny to watch. Sam can roll from belly to back, but has a little more "heft" to manage and can't quite get from back to belly.  

August also has a new game she loves to play, and she actually initiates it with anyone that holds her. She starts spitting t them like crazy - people ask me what she's doing, and I just tell them to spit right back. She thinks it's the coolest thing ever that you can spit. She also mimics you a lot if you look at her and open your eyes wide and raise your eyebrows. She's becoming very attached to people and, unfortunately, a bit of a cry baby if you put her down. She still looks just like a little pixie or brownie and I'm pretty sure her eyes are going to stay a beautiful steel blue.


Mr. Sam is a "Man About Town" as Grandpa Judd puts it. He is constantly charming everyone he sees and is quite a flirt. If he is upset he is easy to appease and is truly the happiest baby I have ever seen in my life. He loves to talk, so much so that it's hard to feed him because he needs so many chat breaks. He loves to use his hands and feet and is constantly marching in place like a chubby little smiley soldier. 
Grandpa and The Man About Town
Sam is getting pretty good at "sitting up" when we prop him just right. He has a great belly to support him so it's kind of cheating... but we'll count it anyway. August is getting pretty good at it too, but doesn't enjoy it as much. 
Sammy so proud of sitting up
I'm sitting up, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable.
Babies are outgrowing all of their newborn and many of their 3 month clothes. I try to take my mom's advice and not mourn this but be proud that they have grown so well, especially considering they were premature and had to work so hard to grow.
Time to retire these PJs...
Both babies sleep pretty well and get up around 4 or 5 for a feeding then go back down until 8-9. We have started last night feeding at 8pm in hopes of getting them to bed closer to 9 so we can have some peace and quiet and go to bed earlier. 

I found the babies holding hands in bed when they woke up one morning.




Claire remains a fabulous big sister - she is really good about helping feed the babies, entertaining them or trying to comfort them if they are sad. She also helps August out of her reverse turtle maneuver when she is stuck.  
Sweet sister feeding Sammy





Last but not least, there is a small army of people who help us keep our family machine running.. they make our lives easier, but they also make our lives richer and I am appreciative beyond words. Thank you to Grandmas, Grandpas, Cousins, Sisters and friends... We love you so much. I may not have pictures of all of you - please don't be offended, and know that every single gesture of support is priceless to us. These pictures are in no particular order :)
Auntie Erin loves her twinnies.
Grandma Tam and her posse
Grandpa Mike and his patented dual burping method
Saint Wendy - my cousin who helps every single week. She is like a sister, friend, nanny and mom all in one.
Grandma Becky!!!! The kids love to play with her and she has even taken them overnight so we can sleep. BLESS YOU!
Grandpa Judd helps Sammy hold his bottle and takes Claire to school for us to help out!

1 comment:

  1. The top picture is so cute I can hardly stand it. It makes me want to drive over just to smooch them, if I didn't have a cold I would be knocking on your door.

    ReplyDelete