Part Two - We are on time and Claire gets plenty of candy
On actual Halloween Night, things went much more smoothly for the family. Everyone got into their costumes again, Matt still complained about the silver face paint (but wore it because Claire loved it... he's a softie), and we were ready to go.
As I mentioned, we were the Wizard of Oz cast. I made the twins' costumes and had an absolute blast doing that. August was the world's tiniest scarecrow - I made her hat, booties and collar out of burlap. I think they were pretty itchy, but hopefully she'll forgive me.
Sam was the cutest little Lion ever-- I just glued a bunch of crazy yarn to a hat from the dollar store, and made his paws out of booties that I put little paw pads on. Both babies got make up for the first time - what a milestone :)
Claire loved being Dorothy, and had a little black bear as her dog "Tuto / Pluto/ Toto" (different every time she says it). She adored trick-or-treating, but was much more selective about the houses she chose to visit, rather than the quantity of candy she amassed. If a house wasn't "spooky" enough, she wouldn't go to it... funny little set of rules she has for anything and everything she does in her life. (Wonder where she gets that...)

No comments:
Post a Comment