Thursday, April 2, 2015

Claire the Super Star

Claire loves music, singing, dancing and performing. We have tried to cultivate this in her because she seems to have talent, even at a young age, and obviously, we are a musical family. So I signed her up for a little 10 week singing  and dancing camp and they performed a production at the end of the course. Claire had a solo from "Peter Pan" and she absolutely nailed it.....
Claire with my cousin Tammy, and her daughters Aubry and Taylor - they are dancers too.

The kids range in age from 5-12 and she was (almost) the youngest, and most definitely the shortest, which made it even cuter. She was dressed as a "lost girl" from Peter Pan, but with a modern vibe. She has quite a fan club, and we had a whole section of the auditorium  cheering for her. All of her wonderful grandparents came, as well as my cousins Wendy and Erik and Tammy and her daughter. Wendy and Tammy babysat  me when I was a little girl, and now they play a wonderful role in my young family. It has come full circle. They are so good to my children, and I'm so grateful that after I moved home I was able to reconnect with them. It's a beautiful thing.  When you're a parent all you want is for your child to be loved, so to see all of these people cheering for her made me happier than I can tell you.


Performing with the pirates!
The performance began and went as you might expect with a motley crew of elementary school kids... they did their best... dance moves a little bit "interpretative" and singing with every performer's individual..... "style." Then, it came time for Claire, and I am not exaggerating just because I am her mom, but she literally nailed it. She was EXACTLY on tempo - didn't come in late, knew just when to begin her solo and did it with volume and excellent pitch. Her solo was a little difficult because it involved a lot of melodic intervals and jumping around to hit notes without any chromatic preparation. I am so so proud of her - not just because she did it well, but because she did it with confidence.

See the video here - unfortunately the lighting crew was also "learning" so it is nearly pitch black, but that sweet little voice in the dark belongs to my baby girl. Enjoy. She is the first person singing - not the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfltsnPvAqc&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment