Monday, October 6, 2014

A vacation from my brain... paradise in Red Fish Lake

We were lucky enough to take a family vacation this summer - our first as a family of five! We went with Grandma Tam, Karri and her oldest son, Alex and his adorable clan! Jen and their four precious PRECIOUS SWEET AS SUGAR kids: Samantha, Kate, Alexander and William).

I literally relaxed for consective days in a row - this may be unprecedented.  People kept asking me what was wrong - and I said "nothing, I think I might just be relaxed. I'm unfamiliar with this feeling..." It was hilarious. the reason I was truly able to let go was because there was no agenda. There was no "must see" or "must do" list that I felt a sense of urgency to accomplish. There was no daily schedule - everything was a free-for-all, in a beautiful way.

I got to watch my children play outdoors, and see how wonderful it is to be with a family that has older children who love to play with the little ones. They were all so generous with their time, taking care of the kids and making sure they were included and had fun.

Matt and I have rarely seen anything as incredible as the Sawtooth Mountains.  One day we went on a short drive and  did a mini hike just the two of us. I will never forget the smell of the lake and the sound of the woods there.

We are so grateful to have been a part of this place - it really is sacred. I can see why it is a closely guarded secret among its patrons. If we are really lucky this would be a dream vacation spot for us again someday.

Manly Alex teaching Sam & Alexander how to properly build a fire.

Sweet Kate "looming" with Claire.

The obligatory buried-in-sand shot.

I am not athletic in any way, so I rejoiced that I didn't fall off of the paddleboard.

Cold Karri, bundled up in the lake.

Sammy's sunscreen mohawk.

Daddy daughter boat ride.

August cannot be tamed - she had to walk around barefoot in the rain on the boardwalk. Sam (the other Sam) was with her the whole time, making sure she was safe.

Rainy day activities - dad was a very good sport.

Girls' spa day!

Enjoying the outdoor music.

Claire dancing with Sammy, and William jammin to the band.

Twins on a log.

My beautiful baby.

At the nature center, learning about birds. Claire is being an Osprey in this picture.

The lipstick team - minus our leader and founder, Tam. She was already in the water by now.

Beach boys and cute Kate in the background.

Claire and Alexander on our hike! He is the most gentle, kind boy.

Matty and Claire under the troll bridge.

"Aqua Gram" and Claire out at sea.


We can't ever get a family picture these days where all five faces look at the camera.


Me and two of my favorite people on the planet: Tam & Karri.

My momma.

Twins on a log, part deux.

No comments:

Post a Comment