 |
| The obligatory basket shot... getting cozier and cozier in there. |
It is very strange to realize that the twins have lived outside of me exactly as long as they lived inside of me. When I was first pregnant with them and more miserable than I'd ever been in my life, I tried and tried to see the big picture to get through it. Everyone says "you'll forget about it when they're here." And, they are somewhat right - I have forgotten some of it, but it simply doesn't matter, because it is more special and miraculous than I could comprehend until it actually came to pass.
I am more in love with these Twinions every single day. They have started to do tricks - very little things, but they are monumental to me. Auntie Erin taught August to head butt you when you make a surprised face at her and she nuzzles her head into you. Sometimes she hits you hard and bumps her nose and cries. Sammy kisses on command, but ALWAYS with a wide open mouth. That is fine for now, but he'll have to fine tune that later in life.
 |
| My little warrior princess: feisty, devilish, but like a china doll. |
 |
| My Sammy - a tender, happy little man, who always smiles. I can tell he is going to be a very sensitive person. |

Claire's school celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday again this year. Last year, Claire and I (who was quite pregnant with Thing 1 & Thing 2) dressed up and went to school as Cindy Lou Who. It was so much fun. This year, I wasted no time taking it to the next level with real live props. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were here in the flesh and ready to participate! Though their wigs took up most of their line of sight and helped them develop a dangerous taste for feathers, it was sooo worth it to see them all together, with Claire as the Cat in the Hat.
 |
| Sam wanted to stay and listen to the stories. He refused to sit down, so he had to stand, and dance through most of it. |
 |
| By the end they were very ready to take off the wigs - especially August. |
 |
| All the kiddos together. |
This month our family had a fabulous staycation with our friends from California. I have seen Caroline once since I moved, but haven't seen the rest of the family since we left over a year ago. They all got to meet the twins, and it was fun to see grown-up Liam and little Rowan. The Johnston clan crashed at the Stout Ski Chalet for a week of Avant Ski, Pendant Ski and Apres Ski. The twins didn't get to ski with us, obviously, (thanks to Becky, Erin & Tam helping out with babysitting), but Miss Claire sure did! She loved it and was turning and stopping on the first day.
 |
| Tiny person in so many clothes - never not funny. |
We did two days of skiing and lessons and she took right to it. I was very surprised because her mother is a big weenie and I cried and cried about skiing until I was probably 16... then was talked into it gradually by handful of very persuasive people in my life (my brother, the fabulous miss Kerstin, and my sweet Tim). In the video posted on this page, you can hear her proudly inform Matt that "You can go as FAST as you want!" Sure - go for it :)
 |
| In action, skiing with Daddy. |
|
|
 |
| My sweet Caroline :) So good to snuggle her in my breakfast nook. |
 |
| The picture I made everyone take when they were rushing to the airport and everyone was annoyed. I don't care :) | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I love that you are digging a square hole. A reminder that there is room for all of us. No matter where we live. Open hearts live with the most joy and discover the best surprises. You seem to be living that beautifully. Thrilled to have you around the corner. We'll see more of each other. And the kids and I totally swooned over your piano performances. Age 15?? Wha?? Incredible.
ReplyDelete