Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Ten years ago, Matt and I got married in Salt Lake City, at the McCune Mansion. We were incredibly young, only 22, but I always tell people we were old on the inside! We had both finished college and had our career paths planned and ahead of us.

For some time we discussed celebrating ten years of marriage by taking a trip to Spain... then we got a little curve ball - or, should I say, two little curve balls. So, instead, we celebrated with a blissful one night away at Montage Deer Valley. We had a fabulous dinner at Stein Eriksen Lodge, and toasted the decade with a 2008 Far Niente Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon that was given to me on my 30th birthday by Matt's brothers. It lived up to every expectation, and then some.  The next day it rained a lot, so we stayed "snug and evil" at Montage and bowled, played shuffleboard and basically just enjoyed playing. 

Here is my gift to Matt: a little video Montage of our years together. I am very proud to say it made him cry... that's how you measure the quality of a gift in my family, ha ha ha.



All dressed up and ready for a grown-up night out!
Dinner at Glitretind, Stein Eriksen Lodge
It's hard to see, but I forced Matt to make a number 10 with our hands.. he obliged.

It rained a lot, but luckily there was a bowling alley in our hotel!



No comments:

Post a Comment